God’s Protection Battle And Victory
God always wins. If we want to be on the winning team, we need to be on God’s team. It’s like when we were in grade school and we had to pick a person to be on our dodge ball team. Wouldn’t we always pick the person who we knew would help us win? Of course! We would pick the person who we knew was going to help us from getting beamed by that high-velocity head-shot. We’d want that person on our team.
“There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord. The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord.” – Prov.21:30,31
If we are walking with God, the Word tells us that we are well-protected. If our plans are the Lord’s plans, then we cannot be defeated. No plan can succeed against the Lord. The enemy can come against us, but the Lord will always prevail. They can devise, scheme, plan, lie, prepare their horse for battle, but victory rests with the Lord. Even if our horse is made ready, we fight with all our earthly strength, or think that we are in control, it is ultimately God who brings the victory. It is God who always wins.
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for this great day. Thank you for such beautiful weather, like the warm sun, clear cool water, and a nice cool breeze. Thank you for blessing my family with good children and a beautiful wife. Help me to appreciate all that you have given me in this life. Help me to love others, especially those who we definitely may not want to love. Give us rest and peace tonight when I lay down sleep. Recharge my body that I will wake up renewed and fully recovered. Fill me with your Holy Spirit and light. We give you all the honor and glory and praise, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Today’s full reading: Proverbs 19-21; Romans 13
Scripture References From Today’s Reflection:
- “Satan answered the LORD, “Does Job fear God for nothing? Have You not placed a hedge on every side around him and his household and all that he owns? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land.” – Job 1:9,10
- “The Lord is my protector; he is my strong fortress. My God is my protection, and with him I am safe. He protects me like a shield; he defends me and keeps me safe.” – Psalm 18:2
- “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” – 2 Thessalonians 3:3
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
- “The righteous person may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all;” – Psalm 34:19
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” – Psalm 46:1
- “my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior— from violent people you save me. I called to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and have been saved from my enemies.” – 2 Samuel 22:3-4
- “He said: “Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.” – 2 Chronicles 20:15
- “The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” – Exodus 14:14
- “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” – Philippians 1:6
Image courtesy of: Doug Kline