Do you feel like a stone that has been cast thrown away, overlooked, or pushed aside? In these times in life, it is critically important that you know who you are and the truth of God’s Word.
Image courtesy of: expansion1234
“As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.” – 1 Peter 2:4,5
First and foremost, you must understand who you are. You are a child of the most high God. There is only one you. You were created from the dust of the earth in God’s image, and God himself breathed life into your lungs. And there is only one you, truly unique and put here for a special purpose.
What is also critical to understand is what God’s Word says about you as his chosen. Here are some biblical and scriptural truths that you can count on with 100% certainty:
- You may have been overlooked by someone in the world, but you have not been overlooked by God.
- You may have been passed by for that promotion, but God has a far greater promotion ready for you.
- You may have been forgotten about, but God has not forgotten about you.
- You may have been left behind and abandoned by someone in this world, but God will never leave you or forsake you.
- You may have been rejected, but God has not rejected you. In fact, he has CHOSEN you.
Just a few (of many) scriptural references:
- “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” – 1 Peter 2:9
- “I have chosen and not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
- “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” – Psalm 139:14
Whatever it is that you are facing today, know that the Lord is with you. There is no problem that is too big for God, the Creator of the heaven and the earth and everything in it.
And you can be confident in knowing that he sees you and He loves you. And he is right here for you all the time, ready to embrace you, welcome you home, and hold you in his loving arms and place his hedge of protection around you. All you need to do is turn to him and he will care for you, and will supply all of your needs.
- “Be still, and know that I am God.” – Psalm 46:10
Put in terms more common today… stay calm and let God. Take a deep breath. Chill. Trust in the Lord. Stand up tall. Walk confidently ahead knowing that God is with you, always.
I call you blessed.
Dear heavenly Father thank you for your Word today. Thank you for finding me, in the middle of the mess, and answering me when I called out to you. Thank you for revealing your goodness to me. Let my life be a light in the dark, a house on the hill that glorifies you. We thank you for the confidence and strength and courage to walk through the tough times Lord. We thank you for keeping us cool in the fire. We seek you first today and each day. Thank you for all of our gifts, and for using them to bring others to know you. Continue to draw us closer to you each day. Give us rest and peace, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Today’s full reading: 1 Peter 1-5
Please follow and like us: