The Top Two Habits You Need For Break Through This Year
As we start off this new year, let me encourage you that this is the year that you can break through. This is the year that you can rise up. This is the year that you can reach a new level. Maybe you have tried and failed, or maybe you have been too afraid to take the next step, but this is your time. While the problem may seem complex, but the answer is actually very simple. The situation might seem difficult, but the solution is easy. The breakthrough formula is found in the first verse of Genesis. That’s right, it is found in the first words in the bible.
Image courtesy of: gfdnova1
- “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” – Genesis 1:1
God Is The Beginning
Everything came from God. Nothing came before God. God was first, and everything came from Him. God created everything. And to this day, everything we have comes from God. And God created us. God is the ultimate creator.
God Created Man – In His Own Image
How good is it to be alive? How good is our God that saw fit to create not only mankind, but to create the one and only person that is you? We are unique and wonderfully made, and beautiful and perfect in God’s eyes. There is only one of us. For God to take the time to create us, we must be precious, relevant, and loved.
- “Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.” – Genesis 2:7
We Were Created In God’s Image
Even more so, how great is it knowing that God put us first, above all other creatures on earth. Just as God was and always is first, God put us first too. As we were made in Gods image, he did not put us here to be last. God put us over all living things on the earth. We are first, not last. We are the head and not the tail. And since God lives in us by the gift of the Holy Spirit, we can do all things through Christ who is our strength.
- “So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.” – Genesis 1:27
God Did Not Create Us To Be Alone
God made us to be in partnership with each other. God created man and woman to be together. He created us to be fruitful and multiply. We know there is power in numbers and in a community of believers. Further, our God is an abundant God who put the spirit of creation in us. We just need to tap into this creation power which comes from God in us.
- “The Lord God said, ‘It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.'” – Genesis 2:18
- “Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.” – Genesis 2:22
How This Matters in Your Life This Year
If this is the year that you finally want to break through the things that are holding you back, then this is the year that you need to surrender to God. This is the year that we need to tap into the awesome love and power of God. This is the year where we need to stop limiting the power of God because we are too busy trusting in our own power. This is the year where we get over ourselves and give honor to the one who created us. This is the year that we start putting God first – where he belongs. This is the year that we need to start getting out of the way of ourselves.
- “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” – James 4:7
- “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.” – James 4:10
How To Break Through This Year
What problems are you facing this year? Do you need to breakthrough? Align yourself with the all-powerful almighty God who can do all things, and who has never lost a battle. If we want to break through this year, we need to seek God each and every day. We need to make this the most important daily habit, and the first thing on our daily. God need to be the first thought in our mind and utterance from our lips. We have to immediately turn to God before the cares of the day sweep us away. If you want to win each day, put God first. Let God prepare you for battle. Let God equip you with everything that you need.
- “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” – Matthew 6:33
The Importance Of Habits
Everywhere you look today it seems like there is another blog post or article on daily habits. That’s because of how our daily habits are so closely tied to our desired outcomes. There is no argument that can reasonably and consistently contradict the fact that if you want to change your life, you have to change your habits. If we want to be in better shape we have to change our daily habits for eating and exercise. If we want to improve our minds, we have to read more often and be more selective in what we read. Everything that we want to improve can be changed with better habits. And if we want to exponentially multiply our results, we can do nothing better than to tap into the ultimate power of God.
- “We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ” – 2 Corinthians 10:5
Top Two Daily Habits To Break Through This Year
To follow are the top two daily habits to help you breakthrough this coming year:
Daily Habit 1 – Start Each Day With A Grateful Heart
As soon as you begin to stir in the morning, as soon as you realize that you are awake and need to get out of bed, turn your thoughts to the One who gave you life. Even before your eyes are open, thank God for allowing you to have another day to live and breath on this earth. Thank God for rest and peace, and for all of his goodness. And ask God to direct your steps for this day.
- “Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.” – 1 Chronicles 16:34
Daily Habit 2 – Daily Scripture Reading
Early each morning, first thing, before you grab your cell phone, grab the Word of God. Before you run to the phone, run to the throne. Why would you make the news of the world more important than the One who gave you life and the air that you breath? The Word of God is more powerful than anything that you and I can comprehend. Reading the Word of God and speaking it into and over our lives has more power and authority than we can ever comprehend on this earth. This year let us commit to the number one personal growth and development program and habit known to man – the daily reading of the Word of God.
- “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” – 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Surround Yourself With A Community Of Believers
Additionally let us realize that we are not on this journey alone. Surround yourself with people who are committed to pursuing God too, and who you can walk through life together leaning on each other and lifting each other up. Additionally important, it is critical to surround yourself with those who deeply understand the Word of God and are mature in their faith. Usually these people are pretty easy to find as they are often elders in the church. They are often the ones who have been through life and have wisdom from experience in walking with God. You can tell those who are good to align with because they are the ones who are always in a good mood no matter the circumstances.
- “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?” – 2 Corinthians 6:14
Realize there Is a powerful God who loves you and is always there for you. God is everything, and can do anything. Do you think that anything that we need is too big for our God? Do you think that God who created the heavens and the earth and everything in it including us is sitting there scratching his head, trying to figure out what happened or what to do? No way. God is never surprised. He is never stumped. There is nothing that he cannot do. God can do all things, and is worthy of being trusted. God is worth it.
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
Doubt And The Argument Against God
The book of Genesis and the topic of the beginning of the world tends to challenge Christians and non-Christians alike. But the fact remains that none of us were here at the creation of the world. So everything we believe has to come from somewhere. We can choose to believe theories on the subject, developed by man. But if there is one thing that history teaches us, it is that man’s theories are limited, flawed, and continually changing and evolving. But God’s Word is constant and unchanging. And the more that man learns, the more that we continue to realize that the Word of God is truth.
- “Do not treat prophecies with contempt, but test them all; hold on to what is good, reject every kind of evil.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:20-22
Know God For Yourself
If you want to know the truth, and not just believe what others say, then I invite you to read the bible for yourself. Only then will you be able to say for yourself, and know in your own mind, what is worthy and true. You can’t discount the bible as truth if you have not taken the time to read it from cover to cover. And like any subject, you have to come with an open mind that is truly open to learning.
- “Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God.” – 2 Corinthians 4:2
Commit To Reading The Bible Cover To Cover This Year
The entire bible can be read easily in 1 year in just 15 minutes per day. It is super easy, all you have to do is sign up for our email list and we will send you the scripture every day to read. We will make it super easy for you, all you have to do is open the email, click the link, and read the scripture. Don’t like to read? We will even include a link where you can have the daily scripture read to you.
- “Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you.” – Psalm 37:5
You Are Not Alone
This daily reading plan is the same plan that I and many others follow each year. So you are not alone in this journey. We will walk through the bible together, one day at a time. You don’t have to eat it all at once. All you have to do to eat the elephant is take one small bite at a time each day. You can do it.
- “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” – Matthew 18:20
This is Your Year
This is your time to take back what the enemy has stolen from you. It is time to take back your peace, your joy, your hope, your faith, your lives. Put God first this year. This is the year to commit to reading the bible. You can do it. Only 15 minutes per day can change your life!
- “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” – Romans 12:2
Sign up for the daily email now to get the daily scripture personally delivered to you each day.
Wishing you a prosperous new year, a new level of wisdom, peace, and fulfillment in your lives!
I call you blessed!
My Hope For You
My hope for you is that this is the year that you get to know the love of God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I pray that you get to know him so well that you learn for yourself that he is true, and he is worthy of all your love and trust. And I pray that you know this love so well that you want nothing more than to draw closer to him, and to seek him first each day. And I pray that you reflect on your daily influences and make every effort to surround yourself with other believers who can lift you up, encourage you, and guide you along the path with Jesus, and are there to stand with you and for you when you are tempted by worldly desires. I pray that you have people in your lives each day who will help you fight off bad thoughts and feelings, and every urge and evil temptation. And I pray that God will protect you and give you exactly what you need. And I pray that your heart is so full of the love of God that you want nothing more than to seek him first each and every morning.
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your Word today. Thank you for continuing to reveal yourself to us each day. Thank you for opening our eyes to the lies and deception of this world. Thank you for washing us clean and making us new. Thank you for drawing us closer and closer to you each day. Thank you for removing the scales from our eyes so that we can see you clearly, and so that we see who we are your children who you deeply love. Thank you for creating us in your image, for a special purpose, beautiful and wonderful in your sight. We praise you now, and give you all the honor and glory, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Today’s full reading: Genesis 1,2; Luke 1
Additional Scriptures for Reference:
- “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” – Colossians 3:17
- “I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.” – Philippians 4:13
- “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” – 1 Corinthians 3:16
- “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” – Galatians 5:22-23