When we understand who God is, it is easier to understand the power of today’s scripture. God is our Creator, and creator of the heaven and the earth and all things, Almighty. He is a loving God, perfect and faithful in all of His ways. In Him there is strength, love, peace, power, joy, goodness, mercy, forgiveness, grace. And when we have God in our lives, we can experience more of the goodness of God in our lives. And we can thank God for everything that we have or experience that is good, because everything that is good comes from God.
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave or forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
God is our strength. He is our everything. If we are disturbed, then we are not of God. If we are weak, then we are not of God. If we are sick, then we are not of God. If we are mad, then we are not of God. If we are hopeless, then we are not of God. If we are anxious, then we are not of god. If we are worried, then we are not of God. Let God be with us, always. If we are not experiencing all of the goodness of God, all of the good things that God has promised us, then we are away from God. And we should take a hard look at what is causing us to be away from God and we should limit our exposure to these things that are drawing us away from God and his goodness.
What is holding you back from living the life that God has in store for you? What is holding you back from God’s purpose in you? What are you afraid of today? What are you worried about? With God there is nothing to fear and nothing to worry about. We can be strong. We can be confident. We can be courageous. When God is with us, nothing can stand against us. And we can be confident knowing that God will never leave or forsake us, never! And God will supply all of our needs. God always wins, He is always victorious. In Jesus Christ we are more than conquerors.
Be strong and courageous today. Do not be afraid. Be confident. The Lord your God is with you. He will never leave or forsake you. He will supply all your needs and comfort you. He will renew your strength and lift you up to soar on wings like eagles.
Image courtesy of: Kat Man DEW
Dear heavenly Father, we come before you, humbly, seeking more of you. We receive you into our hearts and minds today. Fill us with your Holy Spirit. Let us walk in your goodness. Give us peace of mind, peace in our lives, and joy and love in our hearts. We glorify you, and are obedient to your will. Bless us now with your gifts, in all that we do, for your glory, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Today’s full reading: Deuteronomy 30-31; Psalm 40; 1 Corinthians 1
Scripture References From Today’s Reflection:
- “So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.” – (Genesis 1:27)
- “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” – (Genesis 1:1)
- “I am Almighty God; walk before me and be blameless” – (Genesis 17:1)
- “God is love” – (1 John 4:8)
- “He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.” – (Deuteronomy 32:4)
- “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” – James 1:17
- “For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible” – Colossians 1:16
- “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear” – (1 John 4:18)
- “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life” – (Matthew 6:25)
- If God is for us, who can be against us? – (Romans 8:31)
- “We can know that God will never leave or forsake us” – (Deuteronomy 31:6)
- “God will supply all of our needs according to the riches of his glory” – (Philippians 4:19)
- “We are more than conquerors through Him who loved us” – (Romans 8:37)
- “But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
Photo By SammCox
Please follow and like us: