Today scripture talks about giving generously. The amount that we get out of this life is directly related to the amount of seed that we sow. How many people out there expect a blessing but never give their heart, their time, or their talents to the Lord? It doesn’t make sense. We can’t expect a harvest without first planting seeds. Sure there are people who don’t know God and who obtain nice things here in the physical. But the blessings from God are far greater than these physical and earthly things. Peace, joy, wisdom, hope, strength, and love in more abundance than we can ever hope or imagine.
“Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.” – 2 Corinthians 9:6
The Bible also says that we “should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” As found in many places throughout the Bible, we learn that God knows our hearts. Seeds that are planted need to be done so in love. If we plant seeds in greed and selfishly, we sabotage our blessing.
We can apply this to our work, our homes, our relationships, pretty much everywhere. Not happy at work? Don’t worry, you are on God’s team first, and He always wins. He has already won and defeated death, the grave, and the devil himself. We are so privileged to do God’s work and be a part if His team! With God we have nothing to fear. Through Him all things are possible.
Let us be faithful and give with a joyful heart to the Lord, planting seeds of peace, love, and goodness all around us.
Image courtesy of: proyectoasis
Dear heavenly Father, we come to you today with open hearts and open minds ready to take on another day. Let us give generously today in love from the goodness of our hearts. Give us a heart to give. Let everything that we do be done for your glory. Fill out hearts and minds with your goodness. Help us to walk in love, and to love everyone who comes across our path today. Keep us from sin, and let us be a light unto your path, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Today’s full reading: 1 Samuel 6,7; Psalm 72; 2 Corinthians 9
Scripture References From Today’s Reflection:
- “Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.” – (Luke 6:38)
- “Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us” – (Ephesians 3:20)
- “As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us” – (Psalm 103:12)
- “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” – (John 10:10)
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – (Isaiah 41:10)
- “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (who gives me strength, who is my strength.” – (Philippians 4:13)
- “Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop–a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.” – (Matthew 13:8)
Want to learn more? Check out these other posts:
Please follow and like us: