Relationship Influence And God’s Authority
While sometimes it may not seem like it, we are in positions of influence at home in our families, at work, in our community, and in relationships everywhere. We have power and influence through God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit who lives in us. And by this power and authority we are called to share with them the truth. Sometimes this is not what they are going to want to hear, but we are not doing anyone favors by telling them only what they want to hear. This letter from Paul to the Corinthians is a great example of how we can firmly deliver a truthful word with a heart that reveals the greatest love and concern for them.
Image courtesy of: Jeremy Brooks
“This is why I write these things when I am absent, that when I come I may not have to be harsh in my use of authority – the authority the Lord gave me for building you up, not for tearing you down.” – 2 Corinthians 13:10
When we are put in a position to influence others, our goal should be to build others up with the Word of God. Not sure how? You can always ask them what they need. But let us never forget to seek the Lord’s counsel. God will reveal to you everything that you need to know about any situation. Rest assured, there is no problem that we have will be too big for our God. He created the heaven and the earth, I’m pretty sure that He knows what to do about your situation. We just have to be courageous enough to do what He asks of us. And as we build others up around us, we can do so with boldness and confidence in the Lord knowing that all things work together for His good.
Good morning heavenly Father. Thank you for waking me to another beautiful day. Let us rejoice and be glad in the opportunity that you have given me today to walk in your Presence. Fill me with love and light this morning. Help me to look with expectancy and cherish every person you bring across my path today knowing that every encounter is not by chance but by your divine Will. Let your goodness work through me. Fill me with more of You Lord. I seek you first. Bless my family in every way, keeping us healthy and strong so that we can do your work with health and vigor. And like the prayer of Jabez, enlarge our territories and keep us from harm, for your glory, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Today’s full reading: 1 Samuel 14; 1 Chronicles 4; 2 Corinthians 13
Scripture References From Today’s Reflection:
- “Is anything too difficult or too wonderful for the Lord?” – (Genesis 18:14)
- “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” – (Romans 8:28)
- “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” – (1 Peter 5:7)
- “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” – (Matthew 6:33)
- “Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.” (1 Chronicles 5:10)
- “This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” – (Psalm 118:24)