Life is short. We only have so much time that God has blessed us with on this earth. We should make the most of it. Remember being young and ready to take on the world? Then life happens. Somehow the raging fire starts to dim. The devil and the troubles of this life try to extinguish our flame.
Image courtesy of: Cayusa
“Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.” – Ephesians 5:15-16
The Bible says that we should be careful, and that we should make the most of every opportunity, and of every moment. We are God’s children, sent here for a purpose. We are the light of God, put on this earth to shine for the world to see, that all who see this light might know God. In verse 11, Ephesians says, “Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness…”
Be careful. Guard against darkness. Protect the light in you. And when you find your light growing dim, turn to Jesus. Seek. Read. Pray. Worship. If your lamp has gone dim, God will reignite the fire inside of you that is the Holy Spirit.
Make it a great day and let your light shine! I call you blessed!
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your Word today. Fill us with your goodness, and let your light shine so bright in us that there is no room for darkness. If the light has gone dim in us, we pray today that you relight that lamp, that you add fuel to that fire so that our light may shine bright again. Help us to stay close to you as we walk through today. Give us energy, love, light, and life, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Today’s full reading: Ecclesiastes 10-12; Psalm 94; Ephesians 5
Scripture References From Today’s Reflection:
- “So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” – 2 Corinthians 4:18
- “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” – Hebrews 12:1-2
- “But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.” – 2 Corinthians 3:16
- “If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” – Luke 11:13
- “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,” – 1 Corinthians 6:19
- “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.” – John 6:63
Please follow and like us: