I Will Rise Knowing Christ
What do you need from God? Eternal life? Forgiveness of sins? Inner peace? Hope? Joy in the midst of trials? Grace to endure? Victory over sin? Healing from past wounds? In all cases, the answer to being blessed according to God’s Word is Yes! Jesus is the perfect high priest who dispenses God’s blessings to those who hold His promises.
“Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.” – Micah 7:8
Image courtesy of: Miss Shari
How can we have confidence in this verse, knowing that we will rise when life knocks us down? How do we know this verse to be true and applicable in our lives? Because Jesus Christ is Lord of all who pleads our case and upholds our cause. – (Micah 7:9)
And we can be confident that he always fulfills his promises. “For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the ‘Amen’ is spoken by us to the glory of God.” – (2 Corinthians 1:20)
If we seek first God and His kingdom, the Bible says that God will supply us with everything that we need. So let us draw near to Him. And let us humble ourselves before the foot of the cross.
No matter what life throws at us, we can be confident that we will rise, through grace and mercy and the power of Jesus Christ. As Christ rose from the grave, so too will we rise, through Christ our Lord. Amen.
I call you blessed.
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your amazing Word. Thank you for drawing us closer to you, and helping to see that all of life’s challenges can be overcome through your Word. Your Word is life. As you spoke, so the world was created. When you said “Let there be light”, there was light. And you continue to speak through your Word, your living Word, that guides us each and every day. Thank you for revealing to us that we are only limited by limiting you to work in our lives. Draw us close to you Lord. Help us to seek you first. Helps us to walk in your Presence Lord. Bring your tangible Presence upon us. Help us to see your face. We receive you into our hearts Lord. Direct our thoughts, our words, and our steps. We fully surrender to you, at the foot of the cross, and give you all the honor and glory and praise, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Today’s full reading: Micah 5-7; Hebrews 7
Scripture References From Today’s Reflection:
- “Because I have sinned against him, I will bear the Lord’s wrath, until he pleads my case and upholds my cause. He will bring me out into the light; I will see his righteousness.” – Micah 7:9
- “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” – Matthew 6:33
- “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:19
- “What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” – Romans 8:31
- “And God said, ‘Let there be light,’ and there was light.” – Genesis 1:3