How important is it to surround yourself with multitude of believers? It’s critical. You might as well say it is a life and death situation. Believers continually plant seeds of faith. Believers are truly concerned for each other and are there for each other. Believers continually life each other up.
Image courtesy of: brjkt
“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” – James:5:16
While we might enjoy our peace and privacy, and some time away from the stress and from the drama, we are not to go through life alone. If we are alone, how then could we confess our sins to each other and pray for each other? This can only be done in fellowship and relationship with fellow believers.
Do not hide your faith. Do not be shy about, or apologize for your faith. We serve the one true loving God who created the heavens and the earth. He is the one true and powerful God who defeated death and the grave. He is the one true and loving God who time and time again has defeated the enemy and every form of evil in the world. He is the one true and loving God who is always with us.
Let us give thanks and praise to Him. Let us love our neighbors as ourselves. Let our hearts be overflowing with gratefulness and His love. Let us walk in His ways and for His goodness and mercy and righteousness to live in us. Let us pray that we might be a good friend in faith!
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your Word this beautiful morning. There is a very cool and strong breeze that blows this morning, a gentle reminder of your goodness. We are overwhelmed by your love and the beauty of your creation. We thank you for the people you have brought into our lives. Help us to be a good witness to them, that we might be there to love and support them. Make us so full of your Holy Spirit that nothing but goodness flows from our lips and our actions. Help our every thought to be pure and holy. Make every step righteous. Help us to pray for each other. Let our eyes see, and our ears hear. Let us be still, and know that You are God. Thank you for all that you have done, and that you continue to do. You know the petitions of our heart Lord. Hear our prayer. We give you all the honor and glory and praise, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Today’s full reading: 2 Kings 18,19; 2 Chronicles 32; James 5
Scripture References From Today’s Reflection:
- “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” – 1 John 1:9
- “The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.” – James 5:16
- “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” – Hebrews 12:1
- “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” – Genesis 1:1
- “Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.” – Matthew 28:7
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
- “You are My friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not understand what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because everything I have learned from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will remain—so that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you.” – John 15:14-16
Please follow and like us: