God knows the heart. He knows everything about it. What is inside. The things that we think of that we think no one else knows. Here’s a newsflash – you can’t fool God. He knows. Those deep hidden thoughts – he knows. Even when you have fooled yourself – God knows. He is the ultimate accountability partner. He is there with us, alone at home, or in the hotel room, or while sitting in silence out in the woods – God is there with us. So judge no one. There is only one God and one Judge that we all will one day stand before.
Image courtesy of: Grant Neufeld
“My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.” – 1 Corinthians 4:4-5″
None of us are free from sin or from having a sinful thought from time to time. Even the best of us are sinners. It is because we are living in the flesh, in our earth suits. Christ himself proclaimed that the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. So do not judge others and ask them to pull the splinter out of their eye, until we pull the plank out of ours. Even if we have done our best to live a good and holy life and aimed to finish our race well, and even if our conscious is clear, that does not make us innocent. It is only by the blood of Jesus Christ that our sins are washed away and we are made blameless. And by the power of the Holy Spirit we can be at one with Jesus Christ who lives in us. Thank God for Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for sending your Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross and to wash away our sins. Cleanse us and make us new. Fill us with your Holy Spirit. Help us today to walk in your love, and in your holy Presence Lord. Guide our every thought, our every word, our every step. By your mercy and by your grace, we declare your goodness over our lives, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Today’s full reading: Joshua 3-6; 1 Corinthians 4
Scripture References From Today’s Reflection:
- “For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.” – (Luke 8:17)
- “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” – (Matthew 26:41)
- “You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” – (Matthew 7:5)
- “…And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith…” – (Hebrews 12:1,2)
- “For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus” – (1 Timothy 2:5)
- “But now He has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy, unblemished, and blameless in His presence” – (Colossians 1:22)
Please follow and like us: