How much more can be accomplished as we work together? Why is it so important to be aligned? It is the law of leverage. Most of us understand the value of teamwork when we talk about success in team sports. And the application in the workplace is quite obvious. But while not as obvious, this also applies to us within our homes and in our families, with our significant others, and with our children. And how might this apply to us in church? How much more could be accomplished if we as believers worked together more? How much more could we advance the kingdom if churches and pastors worked more together instead of only focusing on growing their own church?
Image courtesy of: Rawpixel Ltd
“then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.” – Philippians 2:2
When speaking to the Philippians church, he gives them some great instruction on how to live and work among each other. He says to be “like-minded, having the same love, being on in spirit and of one mind.” We are to be on the same page. At work we talk about alignment. Paul understood this a long time ago, and outlined this for the church. How can we apply this to our lives?
Well at work this is something that comes up all of the time. We talk about getting our goals and objectives aligned. But it is more than this. Paul understood that is it not only about getting our minds focused on the same things, but it is also about getting our hearts aligned by being one in spirit and having the same love. This is about having our core values aligned. It is both what we are working toward, and how we treat each other and behave.
Food for thought… what are we doing as churches to work together to advance God’s kingdom? How good are we at working together and truly supporting each other for the glory of God? Take some time and pray on how this applies in your life and see if you can identify one or two things that you can start doing to better support your church, your family, and your brothers and sisters in Christ. And to God be all the honor and glory! I call you blessed!
I call you blessed!
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for this good Word today. Thank you for your Word that gives us all wisdom and understanding beyond measure. Give us a heart to work together to better support each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. Let our actions match our intentions. Fill us with your goodness today, that your light might shine in us as a beacon unto your path. Help us to love everyone who you bring across our path today. Guide our every step. Protect us from the enemy, as a shield that defends hundreds and thousands of arrows from the enemy attack. And as we rise and emerge as victorious, we give you all the honor and glory, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Today’s full reading: 1 Kings 12; 2 Chronicles 10,11; Philippians 2
Scripture References From Today’s Reflection:
- “The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.” – 1 Corinthians 12:12
- “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” – Matthew 18:20
- “Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.” – 1 Peter 3:8
- “That together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ” – Romans 15:6
- “Eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace” – Ephesians 4:3
- “Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.” – 2 Corinthians 13:11
- “And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.” – Colossians 3:14
- “Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight” – Romans 14:19
- “I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.” – 1 Corinthians 1:10
- “Now the full number of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things that belonged to him was his own, but they had everything in common.” – Acts 4:32
- “all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need” – Acts 2:44-45
- “Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity” – Psalm 133:1
- “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.” – Phil.2:3-4
Please follow and like us: