As our love grows for the Lord, it can be easy to become upset with, or frustrated by, those who say harmful things and disrespect Him. It’s only natural. Think about how you would feel if someone was talking bad about your earthly mother or father. It just doesn’t feel good. And if we’re not careful, we might stoop down to their level and let them steal our joy by pulling us out of the Spirit of God. and over time, this can harden our hearts.
“See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today”, so that none of you maybe hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.” – Hebrews 3:12,13
Image courtesy of: sianturitogar
Today’s scripture talks about how the sin of the world and unbelievers can beat us down and harden us. Sure life is very different today then it was back near the life of Jesus, but isn’t it interesting how so many things have not changed? The writer understood and wrestled with this same challenge where the sin of the world aimed to tear us apart from the love of Jesus and the Will of God.
How are we to take care of our hearts and protect our peace from sin and deceit? Today’s scripture says that we are to “encourage one another daily.” The one word that is worth recognizing here is the word “daily.” That means we encourage one another every day, not just when one of us are struggling. We should continually life each other up as brothers and sisters in Christ through encouraging words and prayer.
And as we lift each other up, let the Word of God lift us up. There is nothing as powerful as the Word of God to renew our hearts and minds on a daily basis.
Got some questions or struggles? Turn to the Bible. I assure you that it has the answers. Feeling stressed or overwhelmed? The Word of God can restore your peace.
- “Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his place.” – 1 Chronicles 16:27
When we seek the Lord our God and study the life Of Jesus, clarity surely follows. It is not a get fixed quick scheme, it is a true life transformation from the inside and out. Everything gets better the closer we get to Christ. The best part is that God will take of the results, we just need to draw ourselves closer to him. For the Lord is our strong tower where the righteous can run to and given protection.
Today I encourage you. Let God’s Word touch you in a very special way today, so that you will not be hardened by sin, tempted by sin, or bound by sin. Let the Word of God break the chains of anger, resentment, sorrow, sickness, worry, anything that is on your heart today that is not of God. For everything that comes from God is good, everything else is the enemy.
Have a great day. God loves you, and he has plans for you that exceed your wildest expectations.
- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.” – Jeremiah 29:11-14
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your Word this morning, Help us to be more like you. Help us to honor you and the life of Jesus Christ by our actions, through our works, and by how we live our lives. Help us to love and encourage one another, and turn each other away from sin and the enemy’s deceit. Guide our every step, and fill our hearts full of love and mercy. Give us a full measure of our Holy Spirit, and all good things that come from you. We receive your eternal Promise, walk in your goodness, and give you all the honor and glory and praise, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Today’s full reading: Hosea 6-9; Hebrews 3
Scripture References From Today’s Reflection:
- “The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous runs and is given protection.” – Proverbs 18:10
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” – James 1:17
- “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.” – Romans 12:2
- “Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.” – 1 Corinthians 12:27
- “And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” – 2 Corinthians 9:8
- “And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.” – Philippians 1:9-11
- “Surely you heard of Him and were taught in Him, in keeping with the truth that is in Jesus, to put off your former way of life, your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be renewed in the spirit of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.” – Ephesians 4:21-24
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6
Please follow and like us: