Scripture of the Day:
“Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, spoke up, ‘Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?’
Jesus said, ‘Have the people sit down.’ There was plenty of grass in that place, and they sat down (about five thousand men were there). Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.
When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, ‘Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.’ So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten.” – John 6:8-13
Many of us have heard of the event where Jesus feeds five thousand people with only 5 small loaves of bread and two small fish. But have you ever done the math? Five loaves when they were not yet broken would not be enough to fill twelve baskets. That means the bread was multiplying while they were serving the five thousand. What an amazing lesson.
As we go forth and do God’s work, God can multiply our efforts. He can do things in the supernatural that defy the natural laws. That is what we call God math, where one plus one equals 10, fifty, or 100.
Need more in your life? Trust God. Give back to God ten percent in your tithe. Offer your time and talents by volunteering in your local church. Seek the Lord with all your heart. Be broken for Him, and see if He does not multiply for you.
Image courtesy of: Petri Damstén
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your Word today. We humble ourselves before you and seek you with all our heart. Reveal yourself to us and let our eyes be open to see it. Help our unbelief Lord. Help us to trust you with our finances, with our health, with our relationships, and with everything that we struggle with in the flesh. For we know that your ways are not our ways, and that your weapons have divine power to demolish strongholds. Fill us with your Holy Spirit. Help us to walk in your ways. We surrender to you and give you all the honor and glory and praise, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Today’s full reading: 2 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 34; John 6
Scripture References From Today’s Reflection:
- “Now to him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us” – Ephesians 3:20
- “‘Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,’ says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.” – Malachi 3:10
- “But those that were down on the good soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirtyfold and sixtyfold and hundredfold.” – Mark 4:20
- “Jesus said, ‘Other seeds fell on good soil and produced grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty’.” – Matthew 13:8
- “But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.” – Deuteronomy 4:29
- “Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind’.” – Matthew 22:37
- “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” – Mark 12:30
- “‘For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the Lord. ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” – Isaiah 55:8-9
- “For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.” – 2 Corinthians 10:3-4
Please follow and like us: