Scripture of the Day:
“Others said, ‘He is the Messiah.’ Still others asked, ‘How can the Messiah come from Galilee? Does not Scripture say that the Messiah will come from David’s descendants and from Bethlehem, the town where David lived?’ Thus the people were divided because of Jesus.” – John 7:41-43
We are called to be obedient to the Word of God. Sometimes it doesn’t make sense. Sometimes the facts don’t seem to line up. Sometimes it is exactly the opposite of what we might have wanted. That is where faith comes in.
Where my knowledge and understanding ends, that’s where faith begins. Where my strength and courage ends, that’s where faith begins. When we aren’t clear of the beginning and we can’t see the end, that’s where faith begins. At the end of our road, that is where faith begins.
Image courtesy of: kevindean
Those who do not have a relationship with God will not understand. Today’s scripture even points out the fact that the people were divided because of Jesus. And to this day, the enemy fights against the truth and the light of the world.
We know the enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Be courageous when you stand on the Word of God knowing that our God is faithful and that he protects his faithful servants. Trust in Jesus. Don’t let your eyes deceive you. For we walk by faith and not by sight.
I call you blessed.
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your Word today. Thank you for giving me life and breath and another day upon this earth. We are so thankful for all that you have done. Help us to live according to your Word. Do not let our eyes or the enemy deceive us. Draw us close to you. Protect us from harm. Put your hedge of protection around us. We live for you. We seek you first. We surrender to you. Bless us with thy gifts, and forgive us our sins. We trust in you, and give you all the honor and glory and praise, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Today’s full reading: 2 Kings 23; 2 Chronicles 35; John 7
Scripture References From Today’s Reflection:
- “Love the Lord, all his faithful people. The Lord protects the faithful, but punishes the proud as they deserve. Be strong, be courageous, all you that hope in the Lord.” – Psalm 31:23,24
- “He will guard the feet of his faithful servants, but the wicked will be silenced in the place of darkness. “It is not by strength that one prevails;” – 1 Samuel 2:9
- “Depend on the Lord; trust him, and he will take care of you.” – Psalm 37:5
- “For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.” – Psalm 33:4
- “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” – John 10:10
- “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
- “For we walk by faith, not by sight.” – 2 Corinthians 5:7
- “Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night.” – Psalm 1:1-2
- “Be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.” – James 1:22
- “Do not be deceived: ‘Bad company ruins good morals.” – 1 Corinthians 15:33
- “no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me,’ declares the Lord.” – Isaiah 54:17
- “‘For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the Lord. ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts’.” – Isaiah 55:8-9
Please follow and like us: