5 Keys to a Healthy Mind, Body, and Spirit
Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem when he healed 10 men who had leprosy. Of those 10 men, only 1 of them turned around and came back, praised God, threw himself at Jesus’s feet, and thanked him. In today’s scripture, Jesus’ reply gives us valuable insight into what he expects, and what we can expect, from a life of obedience, service, and praise.
“Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.” – Luke 17:19
This verse is packed with great wisdom that we can apply in our lives. Here’s a few things that came to mind today as I meditated on this verse:
- Our blessings come from God, and God alone. And let us recognize all that he has blessed us with – from our health, to our time and talents, to the goodness in our hearts, to our relationships, to a roof to sleep under, to a warm and comfortable bed, to the wonderful and beautiful world around us that God has created, to the very breath in our lungs… we are so blessed.
- Let our hearts overflow with thankfulness, through prayer and praise. Let us thank the Lord for all that the Lord has done, and all that He is currently doing. And let us declare and give thanks in advance for all that He is going to do in our lives.
- When our hearts are for God, we stand out from the crowd. We think different, and are compelled to act different. It helps us take the take a stand from things that everybody else might be doing or expecting. It helps us stay aligned with what God is expecting.
- The best blessings come at the feet of Jesus. All 10 of the people with leprosy had their bodies healed. But the only person who was made well was at the feet of Jesus. A discussion for another day, but made well means that more than his body was healed. There are many people who are not sick physically but are sick mentally, either due to depression, anxiety, loneliness, anger, greed, lack of confidence or purpose, etc. People who are well have physical, mental, and spiritual health.
- We rise up with Jesus in our lives. He helps us to do what others think is impossible. We rise in wisdom, clarity, peace, purpose, joy, and more. “but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” – (Isaiah 40:31)
God can move mountains in our lives when we are obedient to him, when our hearts are for him, and when we praise him. Isn’t it amazing what God can do? Isn’t it amazing the insight that we can get from the Word of God? And this is just from some light meditation on a few verses today. What an amazing life we have available to us through Jesus! Let us seek Him first, each and every day. I call you blessed!
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your Word today! Let us seek you first each and every day. Let us seek you first in all that we do. Let us praise you Lord. Let us praise you with a loud voice. Let us thank you Lord. Let us lay ourselves at your feet. Fill us with your goodness, and let your Holy Spirit overflow in us. Raise us up Lord to fulfill the your purpose that you placed deep in our hearts. Make us well, in body, mind, and Spirit. We give you all the honor and glory, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Image courtesy of: SebastianJuśko
Photo By SebastianJuśko