God is love. If we are to be walking in God’s presence, then we should be walking in love. Like the roots of a tree that hold the tree secure, so is love that holds us secure. The deeper the roots, the stronger for the tree to not be uprooted and withstand the storms. The deeper our foundation in love, the greater our ability to withstand the storms that we face.
Image courtesy of: Rosmarie Voegtli
These roots also feed the tree with valuable nutrients that are necessary for life. Without these nutrients the tree dies. Having roots in love feed our lives with the valuable nutrients that are necessary for our lives. These aren’t nutrients that the doctors will recommend, or that science can quantify are valuable for our earthly bodies. But these are valuable nutrients that feed both our earthly bodies and our spiritual bodies. There are nutrients that both our earthly and heavenly bodies need.
And you can find the main nutrient in the Word of God, and that is because the main nutrient is love. The main ingredient that we need in our life is God. God provides all the nutrients that both our earthly and heavenly bodies need.
“And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have the power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and how long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge…” – Ephesians 3:17-19
It’s funny how in this life we work so hard, search so hard, struggle so much, and go against the flow, fight upstream, thinking that we can control everything, and that we have so much power in our own hands, when in reality everything that we want and need and are searching for has been right inside of us all along. The power of God lives in us. This is the same power that rose Jesus from the grave, and can move mountains.
In Ephesians, Paul is praying for us to be able to understand the depth of the love of our Father and the love of Christ, and come to know who we are as God’s children. For this love far surpasses our earthly knowledge, and is the foundation of our very being. When we walk in God’s presence, we walk in love. And when we walk in love, we are walking in Jesus’s footsteps and the power of God and be all that God created us to be.
I pray that you are touched by the hand of God, right here and right now. I pray that you come to know this love that is so wide, so long, and so deep that it can barely even be comprehended. Accept the Lord into your heart and start to seek him daily, and His love will never leave us. I call you blessed.
Dear heavenly Father, fill us with your Holy Spirit, and all of your goodness. Fill our hearts with love. Let love flow through our roots, and flow into our lives. Let love be the foundation of our lives. Let love guide us and nourish us and strengthen us. Let love be rooted so deep in our lives that the storms of life don’t cause us to fall over, but hold us there so firm and so strong that we are not shaken. We thank you for your Word today, and give you thanks and honor and glory and praise, in Jesus mighty name. Amen.
Today’s full reading: Ecclesiastes 4-6; Psalm 18; Ephesians 3
Scripture References From Today’s Reflection:
- “The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.” – Psalms 18:2
- “But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.” – Deuteronomy 4:29
- “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” – Jeremiah 29:13
- “Our God gives you everything you need, makes you everything you’re to be.” – 2 Thessalonians 1:2
- “He replied, ‘Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you’.” – Matthew 17:20
- “You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you.” – Romans 8:9
Please follow and like us: